Inhalt
English (United Kingdom)French (Fr)Deutsch (DE-CH-AT)
Suchen
Login
Wer ist online?
Wir haben 223 Gäste online
Navigation
Home Forum
Aktuell
Featured Articles
Joomla 1.5 Featured Articles
Navigation
Home Forum
English (United Kingdom)French (Fr)Deutsch (DE-CH-AT)
Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?

Descent 3 Co-op mod
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
Make the game playable. This is the forum counterpart to the patching lab (www.dateiliste.com/descent-3/71-patching-lab.html). Apply and use with care.
Go to bottomPage: 1
TOPIC: Descent 3 Co-op mod
Descent 3 Co-op mod 2021-02-15 23:31, 1 Year, 4 Months ago Karma: 0
This mod makes a plenty of run-time changes to the engine (the engine is very unstable and crashes very often without them). These changes aren't going well with level transitions.
If you need any other level to start (or to start the same level), you'll have to restart the game: exit it and start or start anew any level you want.
Sorry, you must pay with something when want to hack the engine. Yep, I could do those hacks cleaner than that, but sorry. And I don't care much
Well, to be more precise, if I remember correctly, the engine itself too isn't completely friendly to a changes of levels, and at each level transition the bugs (memory leaks and whatever) do only accumulate.

Furthermore, if anyhow my another project - Launchmod - will become advanced enough to hack the engine and do repairments to it on its own, this version of coop mod (in its current shape) will not work with it.
Contemplating, if anything: such a changes should not be being done by a mod DLL (as they currently are being done)

You though might play currently with it such packet-spamming missions which normally don't let players stay connected, like Windmine 6 (it spams when trains appear) or Alien Territory - Final (it spams soon after start).
It just drops those low-importance packets (like weather events, etc), not letting them collect in the reliable buffer.
Normally they would not only accumulate, but the buffer filling speed/traffic by them grows over the level.

It isn't doing much on the client side, - it is for a server.
Basically for listen server, - the server held/represented by a player itself.
It might/should work for a dedicated one too, but I can't tell/ensure much about it.

It is configurable through "autoexec.dmfc".
Set "TeamDamage" to 0 if you are going to serve for an uncooperative players (why play with them though? ).
Read available configuration directives in the source code in "commands.cpp".
Read available chat commands in the source code in "cmd.cpp". In game you may write "/help" in chat, but the dump-shaped list of commands you'll then get, less likely will satisfy you.
It somehow has happened that the commands of chat and configuration directives are a two different things.

No Linux version though.
"d3-sdk14.zip" and MSVC 6.0 are required to compile the source code.
To install the compiled DLL you may use a trick: simply copy it into "netgames" folder and name as ".d3m".
"coop.str" then still needs to be placed into the main folder of D3.

File Attachment:
File Name: coop_mod_d3m_and_src_b2.7z
File Size: 329913

*That is not a post about Descent 3 configuration. We have an odd order in the sectioning of the forum
alexi
alexi
Expert Boarder
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
Last Edit: 2021-02-15 23:40 By alexi.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Descent 3 Co-op mod 2021-02-16 17:42, 1 Year, 4 Months ago Karma: 0

The latest versions which are available here.
Source code: b3.
Compiled: b2.
alexi
alexi
Expert Boarder
graphgraph
Last Edit: 2021-05-24 02:38 By alexi.

Re: Descent 3 Co-op mod 2021-02-20 15:52, 1 Year, 4 Months ago Karma: 0
Kali Linux version is very broken anyway, no one uses it. WINE is the best way to play D3 on Linux now, almost all versions support it. The GOG installer is the easiest method.

There is also a new 64-bit Linux version released in 2019, but it DOESN'T support multiplayer at all
Hunter
Hunter
Junior Boarder
graphgraph

Re: Descent 3 Co-op mod 2021-04-12 04:22, 1 Year, 2 Months ago Karma: 7
I'd like to give this a go at some point but I've got to admit that I still haven't installed the game since I switched to a new PC last November.

I'm also a bit scared of MSVC 6.0. I got the installation CD image(s) somewhere but I should probably rather create a virtual machine for this (= lot of work). I can't imagine MSVC 6 is compatible with Windows 10, and even if it is, I don't think it'd play well with MSVC 2017 and 2019 if installed afterwards.
Thomas
Thomas
Platinum Boarder
graph

Re: Descent 3 Co-op mod 2021-05-24 02:34, 1 Year, 1 Month ago Karma: 0
Thomas, the post is not fully correct about MSVC 6.0 being the only accepted compiler.
Read the included "compile.txt".
Version "b2" was also tested with MSVC 2008, but it is not OK with lets say MSVC 2015.
Here is a corrected version "b3" which compiles OK on MSVC 2015 too.
I'm waiting a report from you how it compiles on the newer MSVC which you prefer.
File Attachment:
File Name: b3.zip
File Size: 175132
alexi
alexi
Expert Boarder
graphgraph

Go to topPage: 1